1.15.2005

 

ARRR!

What's the two outfits that every kid uses for Halloween? Ninja and pirate. Right? Right. If you don't agree, you were a lame kid. Pirates and ninjas are awesome. Both have a LOT of cool stuff, although I, personally, would call myself a pirate. Land ho!!! Anyways. I was at a friend's house today and he was playing Ninja Gaiden for the NES. And it came to me, like in a vision. I have played tons of ninja games before. But why not pirate??? As far as I can remember, I never played a game as a pirate. You see where I'm going with this?


That's right matey, let's get that bottle of rum, fill up an angry, bearded pirate with that precious liquid, and make him conquer an Island from the hands of the Spanish Empire! ...think about it...


Comments:
Point one: Sid Meier's Pirates was originally released in 199_. blank is ... 2? 4? Anyway, it was just remade and rereleased in 2004. I haven't played the new one, but the original was fan-frickin-tastic. Nevertheless, it is a HUGELY underappreciated genre, so I'm definitely all for it. We should toss around ideas this week, see what we come up with.

We could also do a Ninja vs. Pirate game. Oh man. Clash of the titans. We could could call it "Arrrrrdous Gaiden". Or 'Shiver Me Ninjas".
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?